Terrific. I use Ken's Balsammic with Honey and it is perfect. I have made it several times; often I add some chicken and make it as a main course, but it is a great starter for guests.
Mushroom, Apple, and Goat Cheese Salad
If you receive candied or spiced nuts as a holiday gift, try them on this salad for a special touch. To splurge, use a variety of mushrooms such as shiitake, portobello, oyster, or enoki. Often grocers carry a gourmet mushroom mix. Standard white mushrooms will yield tasty results too.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 10 Minutes
Cool: 15 Minutes
- 1/2 cup walnut halves
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound assorted mushrooms, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- Honey-Balsamic Vinaigrette, divided
- 1 (4-oz.) package arugula, thoroughly washed
- 1 large Cameo apple, thinly sliced
- 3 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1. Place walnuts in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted.
- 3. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add mushrooms, and saute 6 minutes or until tender. Stir in 2 Tbsp. Honey-Balsamic Vinaigrette. Remove from heat, and let cool 15 minutes.
- 4. Toss together arugula, apple, mushrooms, and desired amount of Honey-Balsamic Vinaigrette. Transfer to a serving dish, and sprinkle with toasted walnuts and goat cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note