- 1/2 (16-oz.) package farfalle or bow-tie pasta
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (8-oz.) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 (6-oz.) package fresh baby spinach, thoroughly washed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
How to Make It
Prepare pasta according to package directions.
Preheat oven to 350°. Arrange 1/4 cup pine nuts in a single layer in a shallow pan. Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant.
Melt butter with oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add mushrooms, and sauté 5 to 6 minutes or until golden brown and most liquid has evaporated. Reduce heat to medium, and add tomatoes and garlic; cook, stirring constantly, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in wine, and cook 30 seconds, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of skillet. Stir in hot cooked pasta and spinach. Cook, stirring occasionally, 2 to 3 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Stir in salt and pepper. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and toasted pine nuts. Serve immediately.