Good recipe. We put it into a 9in pie plate.
Mushroom-and-Spinach Quiche in an Oat Crust
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 235
- Calories from fat: 38%
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 4.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 15.2g
- Carbohydrate: 22.2g
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Cholesterol: 94mg
- Iron: 2.9mg
- Sodium: 463mg
- Calcium: 314mg
- 1 cup regular oats
- 1/3 cup oat bran
- 2 tablespoons chilled butter or stick margarine, cut into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped leek
- 1 1/4 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup evaporated fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) finely shredded Gruyêre or Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- To prepare crust, combine oats and oat bran; cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add water; stir just until moist. Press mixture gently into a ball on wax paper, and cover with additional wax paper. Roll dough, still covered, into a 10-inch circle.
- Remove 1 sheet of wax paper, and fit dough into a 9-inch pie plate coated with cooking spray. Remove top sheet of wax paper. Bake at 375° for 7 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- To prepare the filling, place a medium nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat until hot. Add leek; sauté for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms; saute for 5 minutes. Remove from heat; spoon into a bowl.
- Combine milk and next 8 ingredients (milk through spinach) in a blender, and process until smooth. Add to mushroom mixture, and stir well. Pour into prepared crust, and sprinkle with Gruyêre cheese. Bake at 375° for 35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Mushroom-and-Spinach Quiche in an Oat Crust Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch