Mushroom and Herb Crostini
The crostini can be toasted up to 3 days in advance. Keep at room temperature in an airtight container. Recipe by Kate Merker: December, 2010 from the Real Simple website: http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/mushroom-and-herb-crostini-00000000048751/index.html.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 24 thin slice(s) baguette (from 1 small loaf)
- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 12 ounce(s) assorted mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) white wine
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh chives
- 1. Heat oven to 400° F. Place the baguette slices on a baking sheet and brush both sides of the bread with 2 tablespoons oil. Bake until golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes per side
- 2. Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the mushrooms. Cook until tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the wine and simmer until the liquid has evaporated, 3 to 4 minutes; season with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- 3. Dividing evenly, top the toasted baguette slices with the mushrooms and sprinkle with the chives.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note