Mushroom and Asparagus Risotto Email Save Print 0 0 0
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 gallon(s) See Below
- 1 pound assorted mushrooms, such as oyster and cremini, cleaned
- 1 ounce dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for serving
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Remove stems from mushrooms; set aside. Cut mushrooms into 1/2-inch pieces. Set aside two-thirds of the mushrooms and coarsely chop the remaining mushrooms; set aside. Place porcini mushrooms, mushroom stems, and 6 cups water in a medium saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Let boil for 2 minutes; immediately remove from heat and let stand 15 to 20 minutes. Strain mixture through a fine mesh sieve into another medium saucepan; discard solids. Place mushroom stock over low heat and keep covered until ready to use.
- Cut 2 inches from the top of asparagus; set aside. Cut remaining portion of the asparagus crosswise into 1/4-inch pieces. Bring a small saucepan of salted water to a boil; prepare an ice-water bath. Place asparagus tips in boiling water and cook until tender-crisp, about 2 minutes; drain and immediately transfer to ice-water bath to cool. Drain and set aside. Repeat process with 1/4-inch asparagus pieces.
- Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a medium saucepan over low heat. Add garlic and onion, and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Add rice and stir to coat. Add wine and increase heat to medium-high; season with 2 teaspoons salt. Let cook, stirring, until liquid is almost evaporated, about 2 minutes. Add 1/2 cup of the warm mushroom stock and cook, stirring constantly, until liquid is almost evaporated, about 2 minutes. Repeat this process 2 more times.
- Add reserved coarsely chopped mushrooms and season with 1 teaspoon pepper. Continue adding mushroom stock, 1/2 cup at a time, and cook, stirring, until liquid has almost evaporated, about every 2 minutes, until rice is al dente, 20 to 30 minutes total.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Add remaining two-thirds of the mushrooms and cook, stirring, until golden brown, about 2 minutes; season with salt and pepper. Add asparagus tips and cook until lightly browned, about 1 minute more. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add 1/4-inch pieces of asparagus to risotto and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Remove risotto from heat and add remaining 1/4 cup olive oil to risotto, along with butter and cheese. Stir until butter has melted and mixture is well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide risotto evenly among 4 serving plates. Top with sauteed mushrooms and asparagus tips. Drizzle with olive and serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CGilbert and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Mushroom and Asparagus Risotto Email Save Print 0 0 0 Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes