Community Recipe from
- 8 ounce(s) spinach leaves fresh wash not dry
- 1 inch ginger root grated
- 2 clove(s) garlic crushed
- 1 green chilies chopped roughly
- 1 cup(s) water
- 1 tablespoon(s) oil
- 4 tomatoes skinned and chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) peppercorns
- 1 onion finely choppped
- 2 teaspoon(s) curry powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 3 tablespoon(s) yogurt
- 8 chicken thighs skinless
- Cook the spinach leaves without water in a tightly covered saucepan for five min. Put the cooked spinach, ginger, garlic and chili with ¼ cup of the water into a food processor and process into a thick puree.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy saucepan. Add the bay leaves and black peppercorns and fry for 2 minutes. Add the onion and fry for a further 6-8 minutes or until the onion has browned. Add the tomatoes and simmer for about five minutes. Stir in the curry powder and chili powder and cook for two minutes. Add the spinach puree and 2/3 cup water. Simmer for five minutes.
- Add the yogurt. Tablespoon at a time. Simmer for five minutes.Add the chicken thighs. Cover and cook for 25 to 30 minutes until the chicken is tender.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by SandyMcCulloch and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note