Mummified Cheese Log
Shaping this log into a mummy is half the fun. Let the kids help decide how they want this cheesy mummy to look and then start sculpting!
Yield: Serves 6 to 8
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 8 ounce pkg. light cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- assorted crackers
- Place pecans on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes, stirring twice; let cool. Place cream cheese, onions, mustard, garlic and hot pepper sauce in a bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on slow speed for about 3 minutes. Stir in Cheddar cheese. Form into a mummy-shaped log and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill for 15 to 20 minutes. Mix parsley with toasted pecans and spread on a baking sheet or wax paper. Unwrap log and roll in parsley mixture, covering completely. Wrap again in plastic wrap and store in refrigerator until ready to serve. Serve with crackers.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers