More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 119
- Calories from fat: 13%
- Fat: 1.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 2.6g
- Carbohydrate: 23.7g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 128mg
- Calcium: 11mg
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup wheat bran cereal (such as All-Bran)
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 package dry yeast (about 2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 1/4 cup warm water (100° to 110°)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, divided (about 9 ounces)
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour (about 1 ounce)
- 1/4 cup rye flour (about 1 ounce)
- Cooking spray
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a bowl. Stir in 3/4 cup boiling water. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Dissolve 1 tablespoon sugar, molasses, and yeast in 1/4 cup warm water in a large bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Stir in cornmeal mixture, remaining 3 tablespoons sugar, butter, and salt.
- Lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Add 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, and rye flour to the yeast mixture; stir until a soft dough forms. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic (about 8 minutes); add enough of the remaining all-purpose flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, to prevent dough from sticking to hands (dough will feel tacky).
- Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 1 1/2 hours or until doubled in size. (Gently press two fingers into dough. If indentation remains, dough has risen enough.)
- Punch dough down; cover and let rest 5 minutes. Divide dough into 16 equal portions. Working with one portion at a time (cover remaining dough to prevent drying), roll dough into a ball. Place rolls 1 inch apart on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 45 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Bake rolls at 400° for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note