Love to make this for weekday lunches. I add fresh dill to the mix and usually sub regular green beans in place of wax and haricots vert because they are more readily available. As an occasional treat, some crumbled blue cheese and bacon really send it over the edge. A longtime favorite and a keeper!
This is an updated take on a traditional three-bean salad. Soybeans are rich in potassium, and matched with other good vegetable sources, this is a side dish that can add 430 milligrams of the mineral to your next lunch.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 85
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 2.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 4.4g
- Carbohydrate: 11g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 125mg
- Calcium: 48mg
- 2 cups (1/2-inch-thick) diagonally cut haricots verts (about 8 ounces)
- 2 cups (1/2-inch-thick) diagonally cut wax beans (about 8 ounces)
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame (green soybeans)
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup finely chopped orange bell pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons extravirgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Steam haricots verts, wax beans, and edamame, covered, 6 minutes or until haricots verts and wax beans are crisp-tender. Drain and plunge beans into ice water; drain. Combine beans, tomatoes, bell pepper, and onion in a large bowl.
- Combine vinegar, sugar, and mustard, stirring with a whisk. Gradually add oil to vinegar mixture, stirring constantly with a whisk. Stir in parsley, salt, and black pepper. Drizzle vinaigrette over bean mixture; toss gently to coat.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note