- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 pounds mullet fillets, cut into serving-size pieces
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, divided
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 5 drops hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Fresh parsley sprigs
- Combine flour, seasoned salt, and paprika; mix well. Dredge fish in flour mixture; place in a single layer, skin side down, in a well-greased 15- x 10- x 1-inch jellyroll pan. Melt 2 tablespoons butter, and brush over fish. Broil 4 inches from heating element 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Transfer to a serving platter; set aside, and keep warm.
- Sauté almonds in remaining butter in a small skillet until golden brown. Remove from heat; stir in remaining ingredients except parsley sprigs. Pour almond sauce over fish. Garnish with fresh parsley sprigs; serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note