Mulled Zinfandel Butter
- 1 (3-inch) cinnamon stick
- 6 whole cloves
- 6 whole allspice
- 1 cup unsalted butter, divided
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1 1/2 cups Zinfandel
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated lemon rind
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse sea salt or kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place first 3 ingredients on a 6-inch square of cheesecloth; tie with string.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat; let remaining butter soften. Add shallot to saucepan, and sauté 2 minutes or until tender. Add wine and cheesecloth bag; bring to a boil. Boil 15 minutes or until mixture reduces to 1/2 cup. Cool; remove and discard spice bundle.
- Process softened butter, cooled wine mixture, chives, lemon rind, salt, and pepper in a food processor until blended, stopping to scrape down sides. Roll butter into a 7-inch log in plastic wrap. Refrigerate until firm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments