Mulled Pineapple Wine Punch
Notes: For a nonalcoholic punch, omit wines and add 4 1/2 cups white grape juice.
Yield: Makes 12 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 185
- Calories from fat: 0.5%
- Protein: 0.8g
- Fat: 0.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 28g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Sodium: 7.4mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 2 oranges (1/2 lb. each), rinsed
- 6 cups refrigerated, canned, or frozen reconstituted pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 bottle (750 ml.) dry white wine such as Fumé Blanc or Sauvignon Blanc
- 1 bottle (375 ml.) Muscat dessert wine such as Moscato d'Asti, Moscato Canelli, Essencia, or Electra
- 1. Trim and discard ends from oranges. Cut fruit crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices, discarding seeds. Put fruit in a 5- to 6-quart pan. Add pineapple juice, ginger, and sugar. Bring to a boil on high heat; cover and simmer on low heat to blend flavors, about 15 minutes.
- 2. Add dry white wine and Muscat wine; heat until steaming, about 5 minutes. Do not boil.
- 3. Keep punch warm over lowest heat; ladle into cups.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Beverages