- 2 oranges (1/2 lb. each), rinsed
- 6 cups refrigerated, canned, or frozen reconstituted pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 bottle (750 ml.) dry white wine such as Fumé Blanc or Sauvignon Blanc
- 1 bottle (375 ml.) Muscat dessert wine such as Moscato d'Asti, Moscato Canelli, Essencia, or Electra
- calories 185
- caloriesfromfat 0.5 %
- protein 0.8 g
- fat 0.1 g
- satfat 0.0 g
- carbohydrate 28 g
- fiber 0.7 g
- sodium 7.4 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Trim and discard ends from oranges. Cut fruit crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices, discarding seeds. Put fruit in a 5- to 6-quart pan. Add pineapple juice, ginger, and sugar. Bring to a boil on high heat; cover and simmer on low heat to blend flavors, about 15 minutes.
Add dry white wine and Muscat wine; heat until steaming, about 5 minutes. Do not boil.
Keep punch warm over lowest heat; ladle into cups.