Randy Mayor; Jan Gautro
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 piece)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 384
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 11.9g
- Saturated fat: 4.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Protein: 16.3g
- Carbohydrate: 55.1g
- Fiber: 7.9g
- Cholesterol: 23mg
- Iron: 3.4mg
- Sodium: 1313mg
- Calcium: 204mg
- Grilled vegetables:
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat Italian dressing
- 8 (1/2-inch-thick) slices eggplant (about 1 pound)
- 2 (1/2-inch-thick) slices Vidalia or other sweet onion
- 1 medium yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 4 wedges
- Cooking spray
- Olive salad:
- 1 cup chopped tomato or quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup chopped pepperoncini peppers
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 2 tablespoons pepperoncini juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Remaining ingredients:
- 1 (16-ounce) loaf French bread, cut in half horizontally
- 2 ounces thinly sliced provolone cheese
- 2 ounces thinly sliced reduced-fat hard salami (such as Franklin)
- To prepare grilled vegetables, combine first 5 ingredients in a zip-top plastic bag; seal and marinate in refrigerator 2 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Prepare grill.
- Remove vegetables from plastic bag; place vegetables on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 5 minutes on each side or until vegetables are tender.
- To prepare olive salad, combine the tomato and next 5 ingredients (tomato through black pepper).
- Hollow out bottom half of bread, leaving a 1-inch-thick shell; reserve torn bread for another use. Arrange cheese in bottom half of the bread. Top with salami, grilled vegetables, olive salad, and top half of bread. Wrap loaf with plastic wrap; refrigerate up to 24 hours. Cut into 4 pieces just before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note