Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cup(s) green olives pitted
- 1/2 cup(s) kalamata olives pitted
- 1 1/4 cup(s) ready-made giardiniera
- 2 capers
- 3 clove(s) galic thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) celery thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon(s) italian parsley finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon(s) crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoon(s) red wine vinergar
- 1/4 cup(s) jarred pimientos
- 2 tablespoon(s) green onions finely chopped
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 1 3/4 cup(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 loaf Italian Bread round 12"
- 1 1/2 cup(s) olive salad
- 3 tablespoon(s) oil from olive salad
- 3 ounce(s) capicola ham thinly sliced
- 3 ounce(s) genoa salami thinly sliced
- 3 ounce(s) mortadella thinly sliced
- 3 ounce(s) provelone thinly sliced
- 3 ounce(s) Swiss cheese thinly sliced
- To make olive salad: Lightly crush olives on wooden cutting board with the heel of your hand. Break up any large pieces of vegetables in giardiniera. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl with a resealable lid, making sure everything is immersed in olive oil. Stir, cover container tightly, and refridgerate at least 2 days (pref 1 week).
- To make sandwich: Half loaf of bread lengthwise. Spoon olive salad to one side. Spread olives out, breaking them into pieces with your hands and pushing into bread. Coat other side with oil.
- Layer olive-salad-laden side of bread with overlapping slices ham, mortadella, provelone, and swiss. Top with oil-coated side. Cut loaf into 4 wedges;
This recipe is a personal recipe added by lightcooking80 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note