Coffee ice cream is nestled in a homemade chocolate meringue bowl, topped with cookie crumbs and toasted pecans, and drizzled with chocolate syrup to make the ultimate dessert experience.
Oxmoor House OCTOBER 2006
1. Preheat oven to 225°.
2. Cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Draw 6 (3-inch) circles on paper. Turn paper over; secure with masking tape.
3. Place egg whites, vanilla, and cream of tartar in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed until foamy. Gradually add 1/2 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating mixture until stiff peaks form. Gently fold in cocoa.
4. Divide egg white mixture evenly among the 6 drawn circles. Shape meringues into nests with 1-inch sides using the back of a spoon.
5. Bake at 225° for 1 1/2 hours or until dry. Turn oven off, and cool meringues in closed oven at least 12 hours. Remove from oven; carefully remove meringues from paper.
6. Place meringues on individual dessert plates. Top each with 1/3 cup ice cream. Sprinkle each evenly with 1 1/2 tablespoons cookie crumbs and 1 teaspoon pecans; drizzle each sundae with 1 1/2 teaspoons chocolate syrup. Serve immediately.
Go to full version of