Mud Pie Meringue Sundaes
Coffee ice cream is nestled in a homemade chocolate meringue bowl, topped with cookie crumbs and toasted pecans, and drizzled with chocolate syrup to make the ultimate dessert experience.
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 12 Hours
- Calories: 296
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fat: 7.7g
- Saturated fat: 3.2g
- Protein: 6.4g
- Carbohydrate: 51.8g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Cholesterol: 43mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 75mg
- Calcium: 72mg
- 3 large egg whites (at room temperature)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sifted unsweetened cocoa
- 2 cups coffee light ice cream (such as Häagen-Dazs)
- 4 reduced-fat cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies (such as reduced-fat Oreos), crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- 3 tablespoons fat-free chocolate sundae syrup
- 1. Preheat oven to 225°.
- 2. Cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Draw 6 (3-inch) circles on paper. Turn paper over; secure with masking tape.
- 3. Place egg whites, vanilla, and cream of tartar in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed until foamy. Gradually add 1/2 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating mixture until stiff peaks form. Gently fold in cocoa.
- 4. Divide egg white mixture evenly among the 6 drawn circles. Shape meringues into nests with 1-inch sides using the back of a spoon.
- 5. Bake at 225° for 1 1/2 hours or until dry. Turn oven off, and cool meringues in closed oven at least 12 hours. Remove from oven; carefully remove meringues from paper.
- 6. Place meringues on individual dessert plates. Top each with 1/3 cup ice cream. Sprinkle each evenly with 1 1/2 tablespoons cookie crumbs and 1 teaspoon pecans; drizzle each sundae with 1 1/2 teaspoons chocolate syrup. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note