- 3 large egg whites (at room temperature)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sifted unsweetened cocoa
- 2 cups coffee light ice cream (such as Häagen-Dazs)
- 4 reduced-fat cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies (such as reduced-fat Oreos), crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- 3 tablespoons fat-free chocolate sundae syrup
- calories 296
- caloriesfromfat 23 %
- fat 7.7 g
- satfat 3.2 g
- protein 6.4 g
- carbohydrate 51.8 g
- fiber 1.3 g
- cholesterol 43 mg
- iron 1 mg
- sodium 75 mg
- calcium 72 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 225°.
Cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Draw 6 (3-inch) circles on paper. Turn paper over; secure with masking tape.
Place egg whites, vanilla, and cream of tartar in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed until foamy. Gradually add 1/2 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating mixture until stiff peaks form. Gently fold in cocoa.
Divide egg white mixture evenly among the 6 drawn circles. Shape meringues into nests with 1-inch sides using the back of a spoon.
Bake at 225° for 1 1/2 hours or until dry. Turn oven off, and cool meringues in closed oven at least 12 hours. Remove from oven; carefully remove meringues from paper.
Place meringues on individual dessert plates. Top each with 1/3 cup ice cream. Sprinkle each evenly with 1 1/2 tablespoons cookie crumbs and 1 teaspoon pecans; drizzle each sundae with 1 1/2 teaspoons chocolate syrup. Serve immediately.