- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup pre-sliced sweet red pepper (1 medium pepper)
- 1 cup pre-shredded carrots
- 1 cup packaged sliced mushrooms
- 4 cups packaged broccoli slaw
- 1/4 cup (for filling) plus 8 tsp (for wraps) hoisin sauce (Chinese plum sauce found in the ethnic-foods section of supermarket)
- 2 tablespoons fat-free, low-sodium vegetable or beef broth
- Eight 7-inch flour tortillas
- calories (1 wrap): 271
- fat 8 g
- satfat 2 g
- sodium 502 mg
- cholesterol 107 mg
How to Make It
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 7 minutes
Total: 12 minutes
Scramble eggs in 1 tsp oil (use basting brush to spread oil) over medium-high heat in large nonstick skillet until just cooked. Remove eggs from skillet and keep warm.
Add remaining 2 tsp oil to skillet and cook pepper, carrots, mushrooms, and broccoli slaw until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Reduce heat to medium.
Add the 1/4 cup hoisin sauce and broth to skillet, mix, and heat for 1 minute.
Meanwhile, microwave tortillas on high for 15 seconds, until soft.
Spread 1 tsp of remaining hoisin sauce on each tortilla. Divide eggs and vegetable mixture among tortillas and roll up.
How kids can help: Beat eggs; measure ingredients.
TIP: You can substitute leftover cooked chicken, pork, or shrimp for the scrambled eggs.