Ms. Ticoras' Thanksgiving Chestnut Meat dressing
This recipe has been passed down originally from a women who lived in WI during the 19th century...and is a family heirloom passed on and shared every Thanksgiving by her grandson, Mr Ticoras. Bon Appetite!!
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 pound(s) Hamburger
- Turkey livers Chopped
- 2 whole(s) Small onions Chopped
- 4 Eggs Hard boiled
- 1/2 pound(s) Chestnuts Cooked & peeled
- 1 tablespoon(s) White raisins
- 2 tablespoon(s) Walnuts Crushed
- 3 tablespoon(s) Rice
- 1/2 pound(s) Butter
- dash(es) Salt, pepper, cinnamon
- In a large frying pan - simmer chopped onion and liver in butter. Add hamburger.. Then all other ingredients, except chestnuts & eggs. Combine eggs & chestnuts thru a grinder and add to mixture, which should be mostly cooked by now. Cook for another 5 minutes. Cool & serve in a large glass bowl. This recipe is intended to be a side dish and not stuffing for the bird.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kristenalarsen and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note