Mrs. Potters Chicken
Favorite dish from Ladies Home Journal. Recipe submitted to LHJ by Kate Lawler. Given to her by Ann Potter.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Crackers Ritz Crushed
- 3/4 cup(s) Parmesan cheese Freshly grated
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Black pepper
- 4 Chicken breasts halves
- 2 tablespoon(s) Unsalted butter Melted
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine crushed crackers, Parmesan and pepper in a shallow dish; set aside. (Note: You can experiment with the ratio of Parmesan to cracker crumbs; I like the crust extra crispy, but some people in my family prefer to add a bit more cheese to the mix.)
- Slice each chicken breast in half horizontally, so you have 8 pieces total. Pound each chicken piece between two sheets of plastic wrap until very thin, about 1/4 inch thick.
- Coat chicken in butter, then dredge in cracker mixture, pressing crumbs on to each piece. Lay chicken in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle any excess coating over top. Bake 12 min or until golden and cooked through.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by PhyllisBergant and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note