- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1 unbaked (9-inch) pastry shell
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 500°.
Combine eggs, sugar, flour, cornstarch, and vanilla in a medium mixing bowl; beat until smooth. Add milk, and stir until well blended. Pour mixture into pastry shell; dot with butter, and sprinkle with nutmeg.
Place pie in preheated oven; immediately reduce temperature to 350°. Bake 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool before slicing.