I was pleasantly suprised. These are christmas....Even for people who may not particularly care for gingersnaps... end result is just a mild flavor and outstanding! I lined the pan with parchment overlap to help remove the entire block after cooling to make cutting easier,(still greased paper) and, I sprinkled the MM's after 12 min.baking time so they maintained their shapes. I also poured the ENTIRE can slowly over the entire cookie (instead of just the base cookie), as I wanted that flavor to be thru & thru.... definately a do over!!
Mrs. Claus's Dream Bars
Photo: Lee Harrelson; Styling: Mindi Shapiro
- 2 cups gingersnap crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (6-ounce) package peanut butter chips
- 3/4 cup miniature candy-coated chocolate pieces
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut, optional
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Stir together gingersnap crumbs and melted butter in a medium bowl. Press mixture evenly into a greased 13- x 9-inch pan. Carefully spread condensed milk over crumb mixture.
- Combine peanut butter chips and remaining 3 ingredients in a medium bowl. Sprinkle mixture evenly over condensed milk; gently press mixture down.
- Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool in pan on wire racks. Cut into squares.
- Irene E. Souza, Cupertino, CA
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note