This has fantastic flavor. What a treat. Ate for dinner, and packed the other two sandwiches for our lunch the next day. did put the tomatos in a separate container sliced. I find that if you put them on in the evening, the bread gets way too soggy.
Mr. Stripey Tomato, Arugula, and Pancetta Sandwiches
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 282
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 8.7g
- Saturated fat: 2.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 4.1g
- Protein: 10.5g
- Carbohydrate: 41.9g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 699mg
- Calcium: 44mg
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh sage
- 2 ounces pancetta, cut into 8 thin slices
- Cooking spray
- 8 (1-ounce) slices rustic sourdough bread, toasted
- 4 medium Mr. Stripey tomatoes, each cut into 4 (1/2-inch-thick) slices
- 1 cup arugula
- 1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a bowl, stirring well.
- 2. Preheat oven to 400°. Arrange pancetta in a single layer on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 8 minutes or until crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- 3. Spread mayonnaise mixture evenly over bread slices. Top each of 4 bread slices with 2 pancetta slices, 4 tomato slices, and 1/4 cup arugula. Top sandwiches with remaining 4 bread slices.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note