Mozzarella-Stuffed Meat Loaf
- 1 whole(s) egg beaten
- 8 ounce(s) pizza or sphagetti sauce (jar)
- 1/2 cup(s) bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup(s) shredded mozzarella cheese 2 oz.
- 1/4 cup(s) parmesan cheese grated
- 2 tablespoon(s) dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 cup(s) shredded mozzarella cheese 1 oz.
- 1 1/2 pound(s) ground beef or turkey
- In large bowl, combine egg, 1/3 cup pizza sauce and breadcrumbs (optionally half as wheat germ). Mix in beef. On foil, pat into a 9x8x3/4 inch rectangle. In small bowl, combine 1/2 cup mozzarella, Parmesan and parsley. Spoon cheese mixture down center 3rd of beef mixture, parallel to the 8-inch side and to within 1/2 inch of edges. Use foil to bring short ends of beef together; seal edges; then ends of roll. Roll from the foil onto a microwave-safe meat rack, seam-side down, in a 12x7.5x2-inch microwave safe baking dish. Cook immediately or cover and chill overnight.
- To cook: Cover loaf with wax paper. Micro-cook on 100% power (high) 5 minutes. Give dish a half turn. Cook uncovered at 70% power (med-high) 12 to 16 minutes or until no pink remains (giving dish half-turn every 4-5 minutes). Tent with foil and let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook remaining pizza sauce 1 minute on 100% (high). Spoon over loaf and sprinkle with the 1/4 cup mozzarella. Return meat loaf to microwave and cook uncovered one more minute on hi until cheese melts.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by maryloujo and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Mozzarella-Stuffed Meat Loaf Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes