Yes, it's outstanding. Make it exactly as directed. You won't be disappointed.
Mozzarella Chicken Sandwich
This mozzarella chicken sandwich provides two grain servings from the ciabatta, a little more than two servings of meat from the chicken, and half a dairy serving from the cheese. Serve with orange wedges and baked chips.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 394
- Calories from fat: 31%
- Fat: 13.4g
- Saturated fat: 3.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 31.3g
- Carbohydrate: 37.3g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 63mg
- Iron: 2.8mg
- Sodium: 796mg
- Calcium: 187mg
- 1/4 cup (about 2 ounces) sun-dried tomato pesto (such as Classico)
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 3/4 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 (8-ounce) loaf ciabatta
- 12 large basil leaves
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced bottled roasted red bell peppers
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- Combine pesto and mayonnaise in a small bowl, stirring to blend.
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper and salt. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken to cutting board, and cool slightly. Cut chicken lengthwise into thin slices.
- Preheat broiler.
- Cut ciabatta in half horizontally. Place bread, cut sides up, on a baking sheet. Broil 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove bread from pan. Spread pesto mixture evenly over cut sides of bread. Arrange the chicken slices evenly over bottom half. Top chicken evenly with basil leaves, and sprinkle cheese over top. Place bottom half on baking sheet, and broil 2 minutes or until cheese melts. Arrange bell pepper and tomato over cheese, and cover with top half of bread. Cut into 4 equal pieces.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note