Delicious mozzarella: check. Sausage: check. Spicy tomato sauce: check. Resistant starch: check! Finally, even dieters can have an amazing, pizzeria-style pie at home.
1. Position one oven rack in middle of oven and another on the lowest setting. Place a flat baking sheet on the bottom rack. Preheat oven to 475°.
2. Roll dough into a large, thin oval (about 18 inches long). Brush oil over dough.
3. Remove preheated baking sheet from oven. Slide dough onto sheet and return to bottom rack. Bake for 8 minutes, then remove crust from oven.
4. Meanwhile, clean hands, crush tomatoes, crushed red pepper, oregano, and 1/4 cup basil in a medium bowl.
5. Spread suace in an even layer over crust, leaving a 1/4-inch border. Top with mozzarella and sausage. Bake on middle rack an additional 10 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese melts. Sprinkle with remaining basil; cut into 12 slices or wedges and serve.
Go to full version of