- 1 pound fresh or frozen whole wheat pizza dough, thawed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium tomatoes (about 10 ounces)
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, divided
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, pulled into 1-inch chunks
- 2 links (6 ounces total) precooked Italian chicken sausage (such as Applegate brand), sliced
- calories 360
- fat 17.9 g
- satfat 7.4 g
- monofat 2.4 g
- polyfat 0.7 g
- cholesterol 51 mg
- protein 17.2 g
- carbohydrate 32 g
- sugars 1 g
- fiber 3 g
- sodium 322 mg
How to Make It
Position one oven rack in middle of oven and another on the lowest setting. Place a flat baking sheet on the bottom rack. Preheat oven to 475°.
Roll dough into a large, thin oval (about 18 inches long). Brush oil over dough.
Remove preheated baking sheet from oven. Slide dough onto sheet and return to bottom rack. Bake for 8 minutes, then remove crust from oven.
Meanwhile, clean hands, crush tomatoes, crushed red pepper, oregano, and 1/4 cup basil in a medium bowl.
Spread suace in an even layer over crust, leaving a 1/4-inch border. Top with mozzarella and sausage. Bake on middle rack an additional 10 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese melts. Sprinkle with remaining basil; cut into 12 slices or wedges and serve.