Mousse au Chocolat
This decadent dessert is similar to pot de crème. Mousse au Chocolat is rich in flavor and has a silky smooth texture. Garnish with whipped cream and cookie curls.
Yield: Makes 8 servings
- 3 (4-ounce) bars bittersweet chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup strong coffee
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 cup whipping cream, divided
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Garnishes: whipped cream, cookie curls
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate melts; remove from heat.
- Beat egg yolks well, and stir in 1/4 cup whipping cream. Whisk about one-fourth of chocolate mixture into egg mixture; whisk back into remaining chocolate mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium-low heat until a thermometer registers 160°. Remove from heat; stir in orange liqueur and vanilla. Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- Beat remaining 3/4 cup whipping cream until soft peaks form. Fold about one-fourth of whipped cream into cooled chocolate mixture; fold in remaining whipped cream.
- Spoon mousse into 8 goblets. Cover and chill thoroughly. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This