- 2 small eggplants (about 3/4 pound each)
- Olive-oil flavored vegetable cooking spray
- 1 pound lean ground lamb (or ground round)
- 1 (27 1/2-ounce) jar fat-free chunky spaghetti sauce with mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can reduced-fat, reduced-sodium cream of mushroom soup
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons fine, dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- calories 248
- caloriesfromfat 28 %
- fat 7.8 g
- satfat 2.7 g
- monofat 0.0 g
- polyfat 0.0 g
- protein 22.9 g
- carbohydrate 23.3 g
- fiber 4.2 g
- cholesterol 59 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 685 mg
- calcium 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Peel eggplants, and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Place on a large baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Coat slices with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until eggplant is tender and lightly browned, turning once. Let cool slightly.
Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add meat, and cook until browned, stirring until it crumbles. Drain and pat dry with paper towels. Wipe drippings from skillet with a paper towel.
Return meat to skillet; add spaghetti sauce, cinnamon, and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes or until meat mixture is thickened, stirring occasionally.
Coat an 11- x 7- x 1 1/2-inch baking dish with cooking spray; place half of eggplant slices in dish; top with half of meat mixture. Repeat layers with remaining eggplant slices and remaining meat mixture. Combine soup and water in a medium bowl, stirring until smooth; pour over meat mixture. Combine breadcrumbs and cheese in a small bowl. Sprinkle crumb mixture over soup mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25 minutes or until browned and bubbly.