This was a good, solid recipe. I used chicken broth instead of vegetable broth and served with grilled herb chicken thighs and grilled zuchinni and squash. It was a wonderful quick and easy dinner. Great for everyday meals.
Mother's White Beans
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 181
- Calories from fat: 12%
- Protein: 16g
- Fat: 2.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Carbohydrate: 36g
- Fiber: 11g
- Sodium: 973mg
- Cholesterol: 9mg
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped carrot
- 1 clove garlic, pressed or minced
- 1/3 cup (2 oz.) coarsely chopped cooked ham
- 2/3 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cans (15 oz. each) white beans (small whites or cannellini)
- Chopped parsley
- 1. In a 1 1/2- to 2-quart pan, combine onion, carrot, garlic, cooked ham, and broth. Bring to a boil over high heat. Cover and simmer over medium heat until the carrot is soft to bite, about 10 minutes.
- 2. Stir in beans and simmer, covered, over low heat until beans are hot, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables