Mother Ann's Birthday Cake
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12 egg whites
- About 1 cup peach jam
- Butter Cream Frosting
- Cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating well.
- Combine flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Mix well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla.
- Beat egg whites (at room temperature) until stiff peaks form; fold into batter.
- Spoon batter into 3 greased and floured 9-inch round cake pans. Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove layers from pans, and let cool completely.
- Spread peach jam between layers; spread op and sides with Butter Cream Frosting.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cakes/Frostings