Mostaccioli with Eggplant Sauce
Add a Mediterranean touch to your table with this saucy pasta side dish. Try it with roasted chicken and a Greek salad.
Yield: 2 servings.
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 192
- Calories from fat: 20%
- Fat: 4.3g
- Saturated fat: 2.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 7.6g
- Carbohydrate: 31g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 348mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon shredded fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- Olive oil-flavored vegetable cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup peeled, cubed eggplant
- 1/2 cup peeled, seeded, and chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup canned no-salt-added chicken broth, undiluted
- 1/4 cup no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 ounces thin mostaccioli pasta, uncooked
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl; set aside.
- Coat a small nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion and garlic; saute 2 minutes or until tender. Add eggplant and next 6 ingredients; cook, uncovered, over medium heat 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat, and keep warm.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain. Place pasta in a serving bowl. Add eggplant mixture and cheese mixture; toss gently. Serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This