Morrocan Stew with Squash, Carrots, and Quinoa
Community Recipe from
- 2 tablespoon(s) Olive oil
- 1 cup(s) onions chopped
- 3 clove(s) garlic chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- 1.2 teaspoon(s) ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper or to taste
- 2 tablespoon(s) honey
- 1/2 cup(s) water
- 1 can(s) tomatoes, diced with juice 14 oz
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- 4 cup(s) butternut squash 1 inch cubes
- 4 carrots, sliced in rounds
- 1 cup(s) quinoa
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh cilantro chopped
- 1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; saute until soft, stirring often, about 5 minutes.
- 2. Add garlic; stir 1 minute.
- 3. Mix in paprika and next 6 ingredients
- 4. Add water, tomatoes and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Add squash and carrots. Add honey. Cover and simmer over medium-low heat until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- 5. Meanwhile, make the quinoa according to package directions. Add butter to the boiling water. Takes about 15 minutes after water boils. Fluff after water is absorbed.
- 6. When both quinoa and stew are done, mix together and top with cilantro.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JANETDEVRIES and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Morrocan Stew with Squash, Carrots, and Quinoa Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables
More Recipes for Main Dishes