- 1/4 cup finely diced honeydew
- 1/4 cup finely diced cantaloupe
- 3-in. length medium English cucumber, peeled and chopped, plus 12 thick slices from cucumber
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon minced serrano chile
- 12 freshly shucked Pacific oysters on the half-shell, preferably ones with deep cups
- Small cilantro leaves for garnish
- calories 46
- caloriesfromfat 22 %
- protein 4.8 g
- fat 1.2 g
- satfat 0.3 g
- carbohydrate 4 g
- fiber 0.1 g
- sodium 54 mg
- cholesterol 25 mg
How to Make It
Chill the finely diced melons. Put cucumber, lemon juice, chile, and 2 tbsp. water in a blender and purée. Strain and chill for at least 1 hour and up to 1 day.
Tip out most but not all of the liquor from each oyster and nestle each into a cucumber round. Spoon some diced melon on top and some cucumber water. Top with cilantro.
Nutritional analysis is per oyster.