Morrison House Brioche
- 4 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 (1/4-ounce) envelope active dry yeast (1 1/2 teaspoons)
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 8 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups unsalted butter, chilled and cut into pieces
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Combine flour and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Make a well in center of mixture; add yeast and water in center. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Beat at low speed with an electric mixer until blended; add salt and 8 eggs, one at a time, beating until blended after each addition. Add butter gradually, beating well (small bits of butter will be visible). Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight (dough will be sticky).
- Divide dough into 12 portions; pinch off a 1-inch ball of dough from each portion, and set aside.
- Roll larger pieces into balls on a lightly floured surface; place in well-greased individual brioche molds or a muffin pan. Place molds or muffin pan on a baking sheet.
- Make a well in center of each ball. Shape remaining dough pieces into balls, and place in wells.
- Brush brioche with beaten egg; let stand 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Cool in molds 10 minutes; remove from molds.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Morrison House Brioche Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Breads