Moros y Cristianos - Black Beans and Rice by Goya
Community Recipe from
- 3 teaspoon(s) EVOO
- 1 onion - small chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) green bell pepper chopped
- 2 teaspoon(s) garlic or (4 cloves) minced
- 1 teaspoon(s) Adobo with Pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) oregano
- 1 can(s) black beans
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup(s) rice extra long grain
- 1 teaspoon(s) vinegar white distilled
- Heat 2 tsp oil in medium pot over medium-high heat. Add onions and peppers; cook until soft, about 10 minutes. Add garlic, adobo, sugar and oregano, cook until fragrant, about 1 minute more.
- Transfer liquid from can black beans to measuring cup; add enough water to measure 2 cups. Add liquid and bay leaf to pot; bring liquid to boil. Stir in black beacn and rice. Bring Rice misture to boil Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, covered, until rice absorbs water, about 25 minutes. Add vinegar; stir to combine.
- Remove rice from heat; let sit until rice is tender, about 5 minute more.
- Evenly divide rice among serving bowls; drizzle with 1 tsp olive oil.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by SRodrig185 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes