Moros y Cristianos - Black Beans and Rice by Goya
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 teaspoon(s) EVOO
- 1 onion - small chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) green bell pepper chopped
- 2 teaspoon(s) garlic or (4 cloves) minced
- 1 teaspoon(s) Adobo with Pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) oregano
- 1 can(s) black beans
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup(s) rice extra long grain
- 1 teaspoon(s) vinegar white distilled
- Heat 2 tsp oil in medium pot over medium-high heat. Add onions and peppers; cook until soft, about 10 minutes. Add garlic, adobo, sugar and oregano, cook until fragrant, about 1 minute more.
- Transfer liquid from can black beans to measuring cup; add enough water to measure 2 cups. Add liquid and bay leaf to pot; bring liquid to boil. Stir in black beacn and rice. Bring Rice misture to boil Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, covered, until rice absorbs water, about 25 minutes. Add vinegar; stir to combine.
- Remove rice from heat; let sit until rice is tender, about 5 minute more.
- Evenly divide rice among serving bowls; drizzle with 1 tsp olive oil.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by SRodrig185 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note