Moroccan Sweet Potato Stew
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 whole(s) chopped onion 1/2-in pieces
- 3 clove(s) minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) turmeric
- 1 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) curry powder
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) red pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper freshly ground
- 3 1/2 pound(s) sweet potatoes peeled and chopped into 1-in pcs
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 eggplant peeled and chopped into 1 inch cubes
- 3/4 cup(s) vegetable broth or chicken
- 2 cup(s) canned chickpeas drained
- 28 ounce(s) canned diced tomatoes undrained
- fresh cilantro optional garnish
- 1. Place the onions and garlic into a large pot with 1/4 cup water. Cook, covered, over low heat until tender, about 10 to 12 minutes, adding more water as necessary to prevent scorching. 2. Stir in the turmeric,cinnamon, curry, cumin, numeg,red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes. Stir in the sweet potatoes, bell pepper, eggplant and broth. Raise the heat to medium and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 5 minutes. 3. Add garbanzo beans and tomatoes, and simmer, covered, until sweet potatoes are tender, about 45 to 60 minutes, stirring occasionally. Garnish with fresh cilantro before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Cliff1 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note