I found this very bland tasting. A disappointment. Will look forward to more reviews of modifications made to this recipe that brought the level of taste up.
Moroccan-Spiced Bulgur and Chickpea Salad
Fresh mint gives this dish a pleasant aroma. Dried cranberries offer a hint of sweetness. Use any other dried fruit you like in their place: Try golden raisins, currants, dried cherries, or chopped dried apricots.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 338
- Fat: 8.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Protein: 10.4g
- Carbohydrate: 59.5g
- Fiber: 13.7g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 2.8mg
- Sodium: 491mg
- Calcium: 65mg
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extravirgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 1/3 cups uncooked bulgur
- 1/2 cup matchstick-cut carrots
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 (15 1/2-ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk; set aside.
- Combine boiling water and bulgur in a large bowl. Cover and let stand 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Add bulgur, carrots, and remaining ingredients to juice mixture, and toss well to coat. Cover and chill.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note