We love this recipe. We've been making it since it came out in Cooking Light a few years back. It's got delicious flavor and a hint of spice. We use 1 inch (or less) fillets and it always bake in 18-20 minutes. I serve it up with couscous or brown rise and sauteed green beans, onions and tomatoes. YUM!
Sweet peppers, tangy lemon slices, and heady spices come together in this simple dish that yields tender fish and vegetables in a flavorful sauce. Serve in bowls over couscous or basmati rice to soak up the tasty juices.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 319
- Calories from fat: 44%
- Fat: 15.6g
- Saturated fat: 3.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.5g
- Protein: 37.5g
- Carbohydrate: 6.7g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 87mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 383mg
- Calcium: 50mg
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets (about 1 inch thick)
- Cooking spray
- 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced red bell pepper (about 1 medium)
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced green bell pepper (about 1 medium)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 large plum tomato, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine first 10 ingredients in a large bowl. Add salmon, turning to coat. Cover and let stand 15 minutes. Remove salmon from bowl, reserving marinade. Place the salmon, skin side down, in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Cut lemon in half lengthwise; cut 1 lemon half crosswise into 1/8-inch-thick slices. Reserve remaining lemon half for another use. Add the lemon slices, red and green bell pepper slices, 2 tablespoons water, and tomato slices to marinade; stir gently to coat. Arrange lemon mixture in an even layer over salmon; cover with foil. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness.
- Place 1 fillet on each of 4 plates. Top each serving with about 1/2 cup lemon mixture, and drizzle each serving with about 2 1/2 tablespoons pan juices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note