Moroccan Peanut Couscous with Peas
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped red or green bell pepper
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup Jif® Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
- 1 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen peas (tiny deluxe, if possible)
- 1 cup couscous
- 1. HEAT oil in a 2 1/2 or 3 quart saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper and garlic. Cook just until onion is translucent. Add broth and bring to a boil.
2. WHISK in peanut butter and cumin. Blend well. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add peas and bring to a boil. Stir in couscous and return to a boil, stirring constantly.
3. REMOVE from heat. Cover and let sit about 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Fluff with a fork; serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes