- 1/4 small onion, minced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 8 grape tomatoes, halved, or quartered if large
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch each ground coriander, turmeric, cinnamon and black pepper
- 1/2 cup rinsed and drained canned chickpeas
- 1 large egg plus 3 large egg whites, beaten
- 3/4 cup baby spinach
- 1/4 avocado, sliced
- calories 394
- fat 14 g
- satfat 3 g
- protein 27 g
- carbohydrate 42 g
- fiber 12 g
- cholesterol 186 mg
- iron 4 mg
- sodium 342 mg
- calcium 143 mg
How to Make It
In a nonstick skillet, cook onion in broth over low heat until translucent, about 6 minutes.
Add tomatoes, lemon juice, garlic, spices and chickpeas; cook, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes have cooked down slightly, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
Wipe skillet and mist with olive oil spray. Pour in eggs, then spinach; cook until eggs set, 4 minutes.
Fold omelet; plate, top with chickpea mix and garnish with avocado.