1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Mist a 9-by-13-inch pan with cooking spray.
2. Make meat loaf: Place meat mix in a large bowl; add cinnamon, ginger, turmeric, cumin and cayenne, if desired. Mix gently but thoroughly with your fingers. Shape meat into a 5-by-7-inch loaf and transfer to greased pan.
3. Bake loaf 30 minutes; pour 1/2 cup broth into pan. Continue to bake until a meat thermometer inserted into center reads 160°F, 15 to 20 minutes longer. Remove meat loaf to a platter, tent with foil and let rest 10 minutes.
4. Make sauce: Pour broth into a pot; add tomatoes and raisins. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes. Stir in zest; season with salt and pepper.
5. Slice meat loaf and serve, passing sauce on the side.