Moroccan Lentil with Chick Peas Soup
Wegmans Fall Comfort Foods
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) Oil
- 1 package(s) mirepoix wegmans mix
- 4 clove(s) garlic, chopped (2T)
- 1 package(s) lentils (16 oz)
- 1 can(s) Roma Tomatoes with basil (28 oz)
- 2 carton(s) vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon(s) coriander
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 1 teaspoon(s) turmeric
- 1 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) powdered cayenne pepper
- 1 can(s) garbanzo beans rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoon(s) cilantro, fresh
- 1. Add oil to stockpot on medium. Add mirepoix and garlic; cook, stirring, 5-6 minutes, until soft but not browned. Stir in lentil, tomatoes, stock, coriander, cumin, turmeric, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper.
- 2. Cook, covered, 20-25 minutes.
- 3. Puree briefly, about 15 seconds, with handheld blender, just to thicken (don't puree all the lenils).
- 4. Stir in garbanzo beans and cilantro. Season to taste with salt. Simmer about 5 min on medium until heated through. 1 1/2 cups has 300 calories.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ChefMo3001 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Moroccan Lentil with Chick Peas Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews