Moroccan Lamb Stew
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 pound(s) lamb for stew, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 4 cup(s) SwansonÂ® Chicken Broth or SwansonÂ® Chicken Stock
- 1/2 of a 16-ounce package dried lentils (about 1 cup)
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes (about 2 cups)
- 2 cup(s) couscous, prepared according to package directions (about 5 cups)
- Chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- • Season the lamb with the cinnamon, cloves and black pepper.
- • Heat the oil in an 6-quart saucepot over medium-high heat. Add the lamb in batches and cook until well browned, stirring often. Remove the lamb from the saucepot.
- • Reduce the heat to medium. Add the onion to the saucepot and cook until tender-crisp, stirring occasionally. Return the lamb to the saucepot. Stir in the broth and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 1 hour.
- • Stir in the lentils and potatoes. Cook for 20 minutes or until the lamb is cooked through and the lentils and potatoes are tender. Serve the lamb mixture over the couscous, if desired, and sprinkle with the cilantro.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note