Moroccan Lamb Salad With Carrots and Mint
If you're tight on time, coarsely grate carrots in a food processor instead of peeling into long strips.
More From Health
- Calories: 227
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 21g
- Carbohydrate: 22g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 58mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 558mg
- Calcium: 84mg
- 1 1/4 pounds lean lamb loin chops, trimmed (1-inch thick)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup 2 percent Greek-style yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound carrots, peeled
- 1/4 cup fresh mint sprigs
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1. Prepare grill.
- 2. Rub lamb with garlic, and season with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Grill on medium heat 4–5 minutes per side (medium-rare) or to desired doneness. Let rest 5 minutes, then cut into bite-size pieces, discarding bones.
- 3. Whisk together yogurt, lemon juice, cinnamon, cayenne, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl.
- 4. Use a vegetable peeler to cut carrots into long, thin strips. Add carrots and the remaining ingredients to dressing, and toss. Serve with lamb.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note