- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 lamb loin chops (each 1 to 1 1/2 in. thick and about 4 oz.), rinsed and patted dry
- 1 onion (8 oz.), peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced or pressed
- 1 teaspoon each ground cinnamon and ground cumin
- 2 cups fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup dried apricots or pitted prunes (or some of each)
- 1 can (15 oz.) garbanzos, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- calories 402
- caloriesfromfat 29 %
- protein 36 g
- fat 13 g
- satfat 3.1 g
- carbohydrate 37 g
- fiber 6.5 g
- sodium 277 mg
- cholesterol 81 mg
How to Make It
Pour oil into a 12-inch nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add lamb chops and cook, turning once, until browned on both sides, about 4 minutes total. Transfer to a plate.
Add onion and garlic to pan; stir often until limp, about 4 minutes. Add cinnamon and cumin; stir until fragrant, 1 minute longer. Stir in broth, tomato paste, apricots, and garbanzos; bring to a simmer. Return lamb chops to pan.
Cover and simmer, turning chops once, until apricots are plump and chops are barely pink in the center (cut to test), 10 to 12 minutes.
Set two lamb chops on each of four plates or in shallow bowls. Spoon garbanzo mixture around meat. Sprinkle with parsley.