Moroccan Lamb and Lentil Stew (zone)
Community Recipe from
- 16 ounce(s) boneless lamb meat, trimmed of fat cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon(s) finely ground fresh ginger or 1/4 t. dried ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) to 1/4 t cayenne or ancho pepper
- 1 clove(s) garlic (large) minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 pound(s) baby carrots, halved
- 1 1/2 cup(s) red onion, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped celery
- 2 cup(s) drained, canned, cooked unsalted lentils
- 1 can(s) 14 1/2 oz diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 tablespoon(s) dark miso or tamari
- 1/2 cup(s) minced fresh cilantro
- 1. Combine ingredients (except miso or tamari and cilantro) in slow cooker. Stir, cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours or high for 3 to 4 hours, or until the lamb is tender. Remove and discard the bay leaves.
- 2. Disslove the miso or tamari into 1/2 cup of stew, add the mixture back to the cooker and stir. Serve garnished with fresh cilantro.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by PeggyCourtright and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note