Moroccan Lamb and Lentil Stew (zone)
Community Recipe from
- 16 ounce(s) boneless lamb meat, trimmed of fat cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon(s) finely ground fresh ginger or 1/4 t. dried ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) to 1/4 t cayenne or ancho pepper
- 1 clove(s) garlic (large) minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 pound(s) baby carrots, halved
- 1 1/2 cup(s) red onion, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped celery
- 2 cup(s) drained, canned, cooked unsalted lentils
- 1 can(s) 14 1/2 oz diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 tablespoon(s) dark miso or tamari
- 1/2 cup(s) minced fresh cilantro
- 1. Combine ingredients (except miso or tamari and cilantro) in slow cooker. Stir, cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours or high for 3 to 4 hours, or until the lamb is tender. Remove and discard the bay leaves.
- 2. Disslove the miso or tamari into 1/2 cup of stew, add the mixture back to the cooker and stir. Serve garnished with fresh cilantro.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by PeggyCourtright and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes