Moroccan Chicken With Kale and Roasted Squash
Community Recipe from
- 1 large acorn squash (about 2 lbs), halved, seeded, and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 large acorn squash (about 2 pounds)—halved, seeded, and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 bunch kale, thick stems removed and leaves torn (about 6 cups)
- 1 cup pitted prunes, halved
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Heat oven to 450° F. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss the squash with 1 tablespoon of the oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Roast, turning once, until tender, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of the remaining oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season the chicken with the coriander, ginger, cinnamon, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook until cooked through, 7 to 10 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and tent loosely with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the skillet. Add the kale, prunes, and garlic; cover and cook, tossing occasionally, until the kale is tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the squash and toss to combine. Serve with the chicken.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by acrane and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Moroccan Chicken With Kale and Roasted Squash Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes