This is so delicious that I make it about once a week. The only problem is that there's no measurement for salt for the couscous. It definitely needs salt and I usually add 1/2 tsp and then I continue seasoning to tase.
Moroccan Chicken with Couscous
Prep: 20 min., Cook: 20 min., Stand: 5 min. Freezing the chicken for 30 minutes makes slicing a snap.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Saigon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 (4-ounce) skinned and boned chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse grind black pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 1 (14-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked couscous
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a shallow dish.
- 2. Cut chicken breasts into ½-inch-thick slices. Sprinkle slices evenly with salt and pepper; dredge in flour mixture.
- 3. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, and cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown and chicken is done. Remove chicken from skillet, and keep warm.
- 4. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in skillet; add onion, and sauté 5 to 6 minutes or until tender. Stir in raisins and next 3 ingredients, and bring to a boil. Stir in couscous; cover and remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Add parsley, and fluff with fork. Arrange chicken strips over couscous, and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes